Funny Conversation Starters
Ask a question that'll get a funny response.
- What are things that you should not say at your own wedding?
- I bet you can't make me laugh! Do you know any funny jokes?
- What is your most embarrassing moment?
- If you were in a circus, what would your job be?
- If you were a vegetable, what type of vegetable would you be?
- What are some things you shouldn't say at work?
- Tell me about something that made you laugh this week.
- What are some things that you shouldn't say when receiving a gift?
- What is the worst advice that you got that you actually listened to?
- If you had an imaginary friend, what would his/her name be?
- What's the worst thing you can say on a first date?
Tell a Funny Story
Tell a funny story that relates your current enviroment, that recently happened to you, or based off of current events. Rehearse ahead of time so that you'll hit all of your key points and deliver a great punchline.
Open up with a Witty Introductory One Liner:
Use a silly one liner to open up conversation, such as:
- My mom said I shouldn't talk to strangers, but you don't look scary.
- Question: Do you know much a polar bear weighs? - Answer: Just enough to break the ice. ...and then introduce yourself.
- Excuse me, but I do think it is about time we met.
Make a Funny Observation
Observational humor is timely, since it relates to the enviroment you are in:
- If it's really hot, "It's so hot in here, my sweat started sweating."
- If it's really early in the morning, "It's so early that the sun hasn't even gotten up yet."
- If it's really cold, say, "It's so cold that I chipped a tooth on my soup."
Poke Fun at Yourself:
Playfully making fun of yourself will help put others at ease:
- If you are underdressed for a formal event, say, Wow, I really overdressed for this.
- If you are known as a boastful person, say, "I'm the humblest person I know." followed by something that you'd normally boast about, such as, "and by the way, I just got a huge promotion at work."
- If you are really tall, say, "I'm really not really this tall, I'm just sitting on my wallet."
Cheesy Pick Up Line
Use a cheesy pick up line to break the ice with a stranger that catches your eye :
- Do you believe in love at first sight, or should I walk by again?
- Wouldn't we look cute on a wedding cake together?
- If you were a booger, I would pick you first.
Memorize a few short jokes or one-liners that you can use, such as:
- When a cow laughs, does milk come out of its nose?
- If you ate pasta and antipasti durring the same meal, would you still be hungry?
- Two peanuts walk into a bar. One was a salted (assulted).