Good Conversation Questions
Conversation Questions for Common Places and Situations
At the office or work.
- How was your weekend?
- How long have you been working here for?
- What department do you work for?
- Do you have any plans for the weekend?
- Are you having a busy day?
- What hours do you work?
- How was your lunch break?
- What did you eat?
- What do you do outside of work?
- Do you drink coffee?
- What coffee do you like to drink?
- What's your major?
- What are your plans after graduation?
- Do you have any weekend plans?
- What classes are you taking?
- What did you do this past weekend?
- What do you do for fun?
- Are you a part of any clubs or teams?
At a social event or party.
- How do you know the host?
- What time did you get to the party?
- Did you try the chips and dip?
- What are you drinking?
- How many people do you think are here?
- What do you think of the event so far?
- What do you do for work?
At the bus station, airport, or train station.
- Where are you headed?
- Why are you going to _______?
- How often do you go to _______?
- Do you like traveling?
At a restaurant.
- What's your favorite type of food?
- What do you like to drink?
- Do you eat here often?
- What's your favorite entree here?
- Do you cook at home?
- How often do you eat out?
- What's the best burger (or pizza) you've ever had?
Waiting in line
- Does this place always have such long lines?
- What are you waiting in line for?
- How long do you think the wait will be?
- Is the line usually this long?
- Why do you think the line is so long today?