Conversation Starters for Couples
After a period of time, it's not unusual for couples to run out of conversation topics to talk about. Below are questions that can add some excitement to your conversations as well as deepen and strengthen your relationship.
- What is your ideal gift that you'd like to receive?
- What's your favorite holiday?
- If you didn't have to worry about money, what would you be doing?
- What is your idea of a perfect date night?
- What is your funniest memory of us?
- What is your favorite family tradition growing up?
- Who is your celebrity crush?
- What is your favorite day of the week?
- What are your top 3 favorite local restaurant?
- If you had to get a tattoo tomorrow, what would it be of and where would you get it?
- What is your favorite app?
- What website do you visit the most?
- What is your favorite picture of us?
- What was your first impression of me?
- Who was your first crush?
- What attracted you to him/her?
- What do you remember about our first date?
- What is your best birthday memory?
- What are your goals over the next 12 months?
- What scares you most about the future?
- Where do you see us in 10 years?
- Where do you want to go on your next vacation?
- What do you plan to do when you retire?
- If we never met each other, how would your life be different?
- Would you rather not be able to read or not be able to count.
- If you had to assume a new identity, what identity would you take on?
- Would you rather never have to clean the bathroom or never have to clean the kitchen?
- If you had an extra $1,000, how would you spend it?
- If you knew a zombie apocalypse was coming, what would you do to prepare?
- If you knew you only had a week left to live, what would you do?
- If you could choose to stay at one age for the rest of your life, what age would you choose to be?
- What do you think my greatest strength is?
- What do you think my greatest weakness is?
- What is something that I do that annoys you?
- What is something that I do that you like?
- What ways are we similar to each other?
- What ways are we different from each other?
- How can we work through these differences?
- What areas of our relationship can we improve on?
- What area of my communication am I good at?
- What area of my communication do I to need to work on?
- When do you feel most loved by me?
For Married Couples
- What is your favorite memory of our wedding day?
- What do you miss most about our dating life?
- What's your favorite memory from when we were dating?
- What do you miss about being single?
- What do you like most about being married?
- What area of our marriage do you think we need to work on most?
- What do you think is the hardest thing about being married?
- What do you think the key to a happy marriage is?